Be ‘rent ready’ with JeffreyRoss
To proceed with an application for a tenancy with JeffreyRoss, we will require you to provide all the relevant documents listed below and send to: [email protected]. Please get yourself ‘rent ready’ before viewing to avoid missing out on properties you like with us.
All applicants are required to provide:
- Photographic Identification (Passport / Driving license)
- Proof of current address (Utility bill, bank statement, tenancy agreement)
Prior to completing an application, please check that you meet the affordability criteria (see below). As a household, if you do not meet the affordability criteria, please refer back to a JeffreyRoss agent. All applicants over the age of 18 are required to complete an application form. We request that you complete and return the application form alongside an employment reference and current / previous landlord reference within 48 hours of paying a holding deposit.
Click here to download our application form.
We request that you complete and return the application form with all relevant documents within 48 hours of paying the holding deposit.
We will complete a credit check on ALL applicants and guarantors. If you are aware off any adverse credit history (CCJ, bankruptcy, insolvency) you MUST declare this prior to completing an application form. Failure to declare adverse credit history could result in your application being declined and you could lose your holding deposit.
We require a reference from your most recent landlord / letting agency. The reference should confirm the following:
- Tenancy start and end date
- Level / share of rent that you have been paying
- Details of any arrears and / or late payments
- Duration of tenancy
- Condition of the property
We require confirmation of employment on letter headed paper or via a company email from a HR/senior manager. The reference should confirm the following:
- Your position within the company
- Nature of your contract (full time/part time/permanent/temporary/zero hours)
- Confirmation of basic annual salary
- Confirmation of any annual commission / salary bonus
- Confirmation of whether you are under any notice period to terminate employment
- In addition to the above, please provide your last 3 payslips
We require confirmation from you registered accountant of your average income over the last 2 years. If you do not have an accountant, we require copies of self-assessment tax returns for the last 2 years and copies of your last 6 months bank statements.
We require a copy of your most recent annual pension statement and copies of your last 6 months bank statements.
- A copy of your university enrolment letter and confirmation of any funding available to you.
- If you are a sponsored student, we require a letter from your Embassy confirming the details of your sponsorship and funding.
- Guarantor – please see below the criteria for a guarantor.
Payment In Advance
If you pay more than 3 months rent in advance, we will apply Anti-Money Laundering measures and demonstrate due diligence with all new and continuing applicants.
All guarantors must be a UK homeowner with an income that meets a higher affordability than an applicant. Please refer to the affordability criteria below.
As a guarantor, you are committing to guarantee a tenancy, not an individual applicant. Joint tenants are jointly and severally liable for all of the obligations under a tenancy agreement.
By acting as guarantor, you could be responsible for the full rent, in addition to any other breach of the contract by the Tenant(s).
Guarantors are required to complete and return an application form and provide the following documents:
Photographic Identification and proof of homeownership (mortgage statement and/or land registry confirmation).
One of the following – Employment reference / accountant reference / copies of self-assessment tax returns for at least 2 years / annual pension statement.
Click here to download our guarantor form.
Prior to completing an application, please check that you meet the affordability criteria in the table below.
Applicant Minimum Salary
Guarantor Minimum Salary
Get in touch
If you are thinking of renting property and are unsure of the procedures, contact our friendly and professional team. They will explain everything so that the process is as stress-free as possible.